Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
The double W cartridge board of 1897
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 15
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
April 7, 2019 - 1:55 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

posting for a friend that has this cartridge board. On the back bottom right corner is  serial 376 physical size is about 40×60 inches. He is wondering if the Cody Museum or anybody in WACA might have any info on this piece as to where it might have been shipped or how many where made,any type of info would be greatly appreciated. I don’t have a picture yet but he’s trying to send one.thanks

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4560
April 7, 2019 - 5:08 pm

I have a friend that has one of these too.  I will ask him what he knows about these.  I doubt that there are any records as to where these went.  Here is a picture of a poster without the frame.  winchester-double-w-cartridge-board-unknown1.jpgImage Enlarger

It should have a dark frame.  The backside should be covered with something like brown butcher paper.  The value can be in the 5 figures if it is all correct.  Many time cartridges are missing and the wire to hold them onto the board has been replaced.

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 15
April 8, 2019 - 4:55 pm

Thanks Chuck, he knows the value and is keeping it, just is interested in tracking down some history on it. I do have a picture of the backside showing serial number but cannot send to this site.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4560
April 8, 2019 - 5:33 pm

The Albertan said
Thanks Chuck, he knows the value and is keeping it, just is interested in tracking down some history on it. I do have a picture of the backside showing serial number but cannot send to this site.  

There were over 1,000 of these made, but no one knows exactly how many.  My friend’s is #1000 something?  Some info says they didn’t make this many?  They went to the large gun dealers and hardware stores.  Without something on the back of the board indicating where it went you will never know.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1
April 12, 2019 - 1:15 pm

I have the lithograph board from 1907, I believe. I know the history on mine. The Hardware store threw it in the trash pile. Somebody scavenged it.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6277
TXGunNut: 4963
Chuck: 4560
1873man: 4276
steve004: 4160
Big Larry: 2323
twobit: 2289