Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Winchester 9422 Values
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Dthanson
WACA Guest
April 13, 2020 - 5:21 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I know it’s hard to put values on firearms. I have matching set 9422 and 9422M that have never been fired, sequential  serial numbers with the original boxes. I feel they are worth more because of serial numbers. They are first run, made in 1972. Both are numbered under 100!  

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1387
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
April 13, 2020 - 7:52 pm

Hello,

They could be worth quite a bit being low sequential numbers. Are they standard run guns, or special commemoratives?  If standard run, sequential serial numbers under 100, they would be worth more than special run commemeratives, in my opinion. 

Al

Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5051
April 15, 2020 - 2:05 am

I think collectors are warming up to the 9422’s, I know I am. Serial numbers are an individual thing but if your 9422’s were equity stocks I’d be inclined to “hold”. I suspect a high-condition 9422 may be one of the hottest post-64’s over the next few years but I have nothing to base that on other than a gradual appreciation in the prices of guns I see for sale. 

Full disclosure: first Winchester levergun I ever fired was a pretty sweet 9422. I’ve been watching them from the sidelines and high condition shooters have appreciated a fair bit in recent years.

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1387
April 15, 2020 - 12:31 pm

TXGunNut said
I think collectors are warming up to the 9422’s, I know I am. Serial numbers are an individual thing but if your 9422’s were equity stocks I’d be inclined to “hold”. I suspect a high-condition 9422 may be one of the hottest post-64’s over the next few years but I have nothing to base that on other than a gradual appreciation in the prices of guns I see for sale. 

Full disclosure: first Winchester levergun I ever fired was a pretty sweet 9422. I’ve been watching them from the sidelines and high condition shooters have appreciated a fair bit in recent years.

Mike  

Mike,

I tend to agree with you concerning the 9422’s climbing in value.  The first Winchesters I collected were the 9422’s. I’ve had twelve in my collection at one time. Very nice guns and very well made. Two and three digit serial number’s are almost impossible to find in the 9422. I don’t know why, but you never see them for sale.  Even early four digit guns don’t show up very often.  I only have one 9422 now, it’s a four digit gun brand new in the box.

Al

France
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 18
April 21, 2020 - 2:20 pm

Dthanson said
I know it’s hard to put values on firearms. I have matching set 9422 and 9422M that have never been fired, sequential  serial numbers with the original boxes. I feel they are worth more because of serial numbers. They are first run, made in 1972. Both are numbered under 100!    

In this little numbers, is the serial  number located in two places : one on the rear receiver and one on the foward receiver ?

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 207
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6382
TXGunNut: 5051
Chuck: 4600
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4261