Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Value of Mofdel 06 (1906) .22 with stainless steel barrel
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Doug Fraser
WACA Guest
March 30, 2015 - 6:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I have a model 06 (1906) .22 with a stainless steel barrel. Your Forum confirmed that stainless models were made from 1926 through 1930, and mine was made in June of 1930.  I intend to give the gun to a grandson, but would like to know what it might be worth.

Most of the blue lacquer remains – from the muzzle to the rear sight on the left side about 1/8 th inch there is bare metal. The rest is pretty much intact. The receiver has a light patina. There are no nicks or scratches on any part of the metal. There are no marks of any kind on the wood. An old friend gave me the gun many years ago, and I have kept in my case for years – unused, so I do not know any other history of the gun. Apparently the gun has had little use. On the bottom of the gun just before the trigger guard someone has inscribed with an electrical pencil (my definition) TT7871 about 1/4 inch high. The serial number is 834252.

Can you give me an idea how much the gun might be worth? I’m 85 years old, don’t necessarily want to sell it, but if I give it to a grandson, I want him to know what it might be worth.

Thank you for the information your Forum has already given me.

Doug Fraser

406 542 2279

Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 10723
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
March 30, 2015 - 7:06 pm

Doug,

This is a classsic case were we really do need to see several clear detaile pictures of your Model 06 rifle.  The Stainless Steel barrel makes it somewhat rare, very interesting, and highly collectable.

Bert

WACA 6571L, Historian & Board of Director Member
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Doug Fraser
WACA Guest
April 3, 2015 - 6:05 pm

Doug Fraser said

I have a model 06 (1906) .22 with a stainless steel barrel. Your Forum confirmed that stainless models were made from 1926 through 1930, and mine was made in June of 1930.  I intend to give the gun to a grandson, but would like to know what it might be worth.

Most of the blue lacquer remains – from the muzzle to the rear sight on the left side about 1/8 th inch there is bare metal. The rest is pretty much intact. The receiver has a light patina. There are no nicks or scratches on any part of the metal. There are no marks of any kind on the wood. An old friend gave me the gun many years ago, and I have kept in my case for years – unused, so I do not know any other history of the gun. Apparently the gun has had little use. On the bottom of the gun just before the trigger guard someone has inscribed with an electrical pencil (my definition) TT7871 about 1/4 inch high. The serial number is 834252.

Can you give me an idea how much the gun might be worth? I’m 85 years old, don’t necessarily want to sell it, but if I give it to a grandson, I want him to know what it might be worth.

Thank you for the information your Forum has already given me.

Doug Fraser

406 542 2279

Thanks to all of you folks. I will try to get some pictures and resubmit. Thanks, again. Doug Fraser

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6280
TXGunNut: 4969
Chuck: 4566
1873man: 4280
steve004: 4160
Big Larry: 2323
twobit: 2291