Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Model 74 Serial# 27986 Recovery
Avatar
TomThumb
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 6
Member Since:
March 12, 2024
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
March 15, 2024 - 2:13 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just documenting the recovery of the early Model 74 owned by my Father-In-Law who passed away.  My wife said save it and I said Aye!  So far, didn’t have to breakdown the bolt, but everything else was full of grit and something like mud.  Firing pin looks ok and everything on bolt sides very nicely.  I’ll post a few before photos to start.  These pictures were after I soaked the action in PB Blaster to loosen things so I could get it apart.  Does anyone know what the mud looking stuff is?  It was really thick.Cry It was in an old case under her dad’s bed.  Is this just years of dust mixed with the oil?  I had to scrape it out, brake cleaner wasn’t touching it!20240106_223026.jpg20240106_223030.jpg20240106_223059.jpg20240106_223105.jpg20240106_223112.jpg20240106_223208.jpg

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: jolly bill, Tedk, mark minnillo, Roger Adam, Zebulon, Hotchkiss10, Fedelsur
Guest(s) 415
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7643
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5846
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3072
twobit: 2741
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2392
Newest Members:
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Deererainman
TonyG
Tinman770
Joe7039
RGiertz86
Les Thanadequate
Barry59
Bear
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16300
Posts: 149178

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10987
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation