Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Model 1890 22 WRF Deluxe
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 5
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 16, 2019 - 9:26 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I need some information on a model 1890 22 wrf advertised as a deluxe. The top of the barrel is called matt but it looks like checkering from the front of the sight to the end of the barrel. The slide and straight stock has checkering and the guns & stock looks like 98% and the serial number is 167XXX and it has 1890 marked on the tang in the stock. I am thinking it has been redone and is not a deluxe any help would be greatly appreciated

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 889
September 17, 2019 - 1:43 am

We are going to need good clear pictures to be of assistance. You will need to use a 3rd party hosting site for the pics.

Erin

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 31
September 17, 2019 - 3:30 am

If it is the one at first stop up in Dakota that has been redone…At least to my eyes.  That is not the original forearm  and in fact is the only one I have ever seen like that.  The matting is a nice feature and original…It was to cut down glare. I looked at that stick the moment it was posted and it is very nice looking, but I do not think it is 100% original

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 889
September 17, 2019 - 4:54 am

If this is the one, it’s been redone. If it were original the hammer and takedown screw would be CCH  According to Schwing if my memory is correct there were only 76 straight grip deluxes made through serial # 399,999. I would call Cody and see if it letters.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/994585987/Winchester-1890-22WRF-deluxe-with-matted-barrel.htm

WACA Guest
September 17, 2019 - 8:09 am

That is the one from Dakota I am new to Winchester rim fire rifles and this one looked to good to be true. What would be the value of this rifle as it  is right now?

NE OREGON
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 535
September 17, 2019 - 2:26 pm

The seller does not call it original. Of course it has been refinished. If you are into unoriginal, refinished old Winchesters, I am thinking his price is not that bad. 

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 31
September 17, 2019 - 3:52 pm

I agree, not that bad and it is down in price now to where it is reasonable I think it was $1895 at first look. Sure seems like a nice job and if you want a great looking shooter, this could be it.
As a side note, I have dealt with First Stop numerous times and they are top notch. Ask for Mark if you have questions.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1388
September 17, 2019 - 6:54 pm

That’s a nicely restored second model 1890, made in 1903. In my opinion, it’s worth the price, even more so if it letters with the matted barrel.

WACA Guest
September 18, 2019 - 12:36 am

I emailed him and ask him did the serial numbers match and he said there was only one serial number and it was on the lower tang

Wyoming - Gods Country
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1271
September 18, 2019 - 2:26 am

Its a parts gun ……… but I will say someone did a fantastic job creating it. For that price, I still wouldn’t mind owning it. That kind of rifle makes for nice table candy at the shows.

FYI – it letters as a 22 Long with no mention of checkering or matting.

If you love it, buy it.

~Gary~

94-SRR.jpg

WACA Guest
September 18, 2019 - 3:57 pm

Thanks I think I will pass

Wyoming - Gods Country
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1271
September 22, 2019 - 5:07 pm

I had this gun in my hands yesterday and confirmed its a very well done restoration if anyone is looking for this type of gun. Beautiful work and it has a nice bore. The frame is marked WRF so the front half and possibly the barrel came from one gun and the back half another. I couldn’t break my cardinal rule about refinished guns so I ended up taking home three original Win 22’s instead. Probably should have stayed home…….

Also, Mark was very pleasant to visit with and very knowledgeable on the Winchesters. I’m sure he’s great to deal with at his store.

~Gary~

94-SRR.jpg

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6385
TXGunNut: 5054
Chuck: 4600
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4261
Big Larry: 2346
twobit: 2303