Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
model 1873
Avatar
Pamick
New Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 2
Member Since:
January 31, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
June 10, 2023 - 11:21 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a Winchester model 1873 .22 caliber short and as I have seen a few people have a broken extractor as I do. I am asking if anyone has a replacement extractor or if there is someone that can repair my, it is broken close to the half way point. Homestead Parts has a picture of the extractor with a part number of WP 618-a but just my luck they are out of stock. Thank You in advice for any help. Pamick

Avatar
JWA
Location: 32000' +
Admin
Forum Posts: 2825
Member Since:
July 17, 2012
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
June 11, 2023 - 3:23 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Pamick,

Welcome to the WACA Forum!

We have a number of very knowledgeable people here on the 1873 and I am sure they will be along shortly to answer your question.

Best Regards,

WACA Life Member #6284 - Specializing in Pre-64 Winchester .22 Rimfire

http://rimfirepublications.com/  

Avatar
TXGunNut
Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 7643
Member Since:
November 7, 2015
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
June 11, 2023 - 3:33 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pamick said
I have a Winchester model 1873 .22 caliber short and as I have seen a few people have a broken extractor as I do. I am asking if anyone has a replacement extractor or if there is someone that can repair my, it is broken close to the half way point. Homestead Parts has a picture of the extractor with a part number of WP 618-a but just my luck they are out of stock. Thank You in advice for any help. Pamick

  

Welcome, Patrick! Did you ask to be notified when the part is in stock? Costs nothing and it got me a part I needed in a short time. IIRC someone purchased an 1873 in .22 short at the first Cody show I attended. He admitted he bought it for the Winchester Mid-Range sight but he was quite intrigued and quite honestly I was, too. Enjoy your special 1873!

 

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Board Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
Avatar
1873man
Wisconsin
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4993
Member Since:
May 2, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4
June 11, 2023 - 4:37 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Your looking at making a new one from scratch. The extractor is a spring and you can’t repair a spring.

Bob

WACA Life Member---
NRA Life Member----
Cody Firearms member since 1991
Researching the Winchester 1873's

73_86cutaway.jpg

Email: [email protected]

Avatar
TR
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2002
Member Since:
June 4, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5
June 11, 2023 - 12:29 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

  Have you tried “winchesterbob.com” ? T/R

Avatar
Pamick
New Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 2
Member Since:
January 31, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6
June 11, 2023 - 6:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank You all for getting back with me. I have been put on the list for Homestead to notify me if they get a Extractor in stock. I will email winchesterbob.com and ask him if he has or can send me in the right direction. Thanks and keep me in mind if anyone comes in contact with one.   

Avatar
TR
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2002
Member Since:
June 4, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7
June 11, 2023 - 10:01 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

With winchesterbob leave a phone number or call. He lists them for $40. T/R

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: Zebulon
Guest(s) 708
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7643
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5846
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3072
twobit: 2741
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2392
Newest Members:
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Deererainman
TonyG
Tinman770
Joe7039
RGiertz86
Les Thanadequate
Barry59
Bear
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16301
Posts: 149180

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10987
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation