Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Information on the 9417 ?
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 43
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 7, 2018 - 6:42 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I’m starting to look at the 94 series of rifles The 22, 22mag , 10 and the 17 Don’t know much about them see them in auctions but never bought. Any pointers on them and which ones are hardest to get? I’ve been told the 17 was low production is that true ? They seem to sell well so must have a following . Thanks for you time 

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1388
January 8, 2018 - 12:05 pm

The 9417 is more scarce than the 9422 because it was only manufactured during 2003/2004.  Of this model, the Legacy (pistol grip, 22″ barrel) is more desirable.

Al

SO. Oregon
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 678
January 9, 2018 - 1:23 am

To me, who loves all Winchesters, it’s the wrong gun or the wrong caliber. 17HMR is a very accurate round, but too expensive to be attempting bolt action accuracy in a lever action, IMHO. If you want to have fun trying to hit ground squirrel or other fast pest with an unusual action and Don’t care about cost per round, go for it. The 9417 is a fun gun but not one for my gun rack……yet.

Vince
Southern Oregon
NRA member
Fraternal Order of Eagles

“There is but one answer to be made to the dynamite bomb and that can best be made by the Winchester rifle.”

Teddy Roosevelt 

4029-1.jpg

Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5057
January 10, 2018 - 12:14 am

The issue I have with the 17HMR is that unlike .22 rimfires the bore WILL foul quickly and pressures will increase dramatically. Cleaning that tiny bore is a PITA, at least for me. I simply haven’t found the correct patch/jag/rod combo and have been using fibers from a cotton ball to wrap the jag. OTOH it is amazingly accurate, fast and flat-shooting.

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 43
January 10, 2018 - 1:47 am

Guys thanks for the comments ! I’m just trying to think ahead 10 years and put some of these away for grand kids ( from 1- 8 yrs right now ). I have a few 90’s and 61’s in the safe for them , but thought these might be fun shooters with a little collector value if you had a set of them. Maybe just keep putting better guns  , 90’s and 61’s, away for them . Maybe I’m just looking for excuse to buy more guns ?? Thanks

Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5057
January 10, 2018 - 4:07 am

Quite honestly I’ve come up with flimsier excuses for buying a gun but I’m trying to do better. Ambiguity intended. 😉

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6395
TXGunNut: 5057
Chuck: 4603
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4263
Big Larry: 2354