Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
9422 high grade
Avatar
jerry thomas
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 109
Member Since:
April 2, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
November 23, 2019 - 8:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just recently picked up a 9422 mag XTR with high grade finish.  It has a couple pretty deep but small scratches on the butt stock.  I was wondering if anybody could tell me what Winchester used as a clear coat on these guns.  I would like to fix the two scratches but they are deep enough I am afraid I would not be able to rub them out.  I have had some success with a polyurethane filling a small scratch then rubbing it out but if you use the wrong material you can do a lot of damage real fast.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: Rick Hill, antler1, rogertherelic, keith shaffer, Bill Hanzel, Gary Ryan, oldcrankyyankee, Zebulon, Jeremy P, Bo Rich, kevindpm61, Paul, James W, Honest Jon
Guest(s) 265
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7637
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5845
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3066
twobit: 2739
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2391
Newest Members:
Barry59
Bear
Anthony Eisenlohr
kik595
DavidM
skilsaw7.25
Kevin Paradis
Vny777
Brick767
Steve72
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16289
Posts: 149074

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10978
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation