Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1906 Expert with nickel finish
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 14
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
NE OREGON
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 535
February 21, 2019 - 3:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

So Jeff…what kind of help are you wanting here?

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 14
February 21, 2019 - 11:47 pm

Hoping to find out if it is full nickel plated.    Looking for honest observations that i could easily have missed.  Hoping my 600 wasn’t, wasted.   Rear sight is a little rusted blue.  One picture shows area under sight, if that helps.  Thanks for looking. 

NE OREGON
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 535
February 22, 2019 - 4:51 am

Well Jeff I am not a brain at all on the 06 models. The butt stock has been messed with/sanded, so it is undersized, and I’m really not sure if it is even original to the rifle. I’m big on bores and you never mention how the bore on this rifle is. 

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 881
February 24, 2019 - 12:21 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

As Eagle notes, the stock is definatley refinished. I can clearly see it is also cracked. The wood is pulled away from the right side of the tang and there is a visible hairline crack extending from the rear of the tang. Other than the butt stock it looks pretty straight to me. It’s been disassembled a time or two as most of the screws have obviously been turned. For what it is, 600 isn’t bad. I’ve certainly seen guys pay more for much worse. Your chances of finding a good original stock are very bleak. About the only way you will get a decent stock would be to buy another Expert with good wood and swap the stocks and take a little hit when you resell the other. The full Nickel Expert is the rarest of the Expert models.  Hope this helps you.

Erin

Edit:  After looking at your photo’s closely again, I think the rifle is in the “white” meaning the blueing has been removed. The roll marks on the top tang are partially missing which would indicate heavy polishing. Can’t say for sure looking at the photo’s.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6280
TXGunNut: 4969
Chuck: 4566
1873man: 4280
steve004: 4160
Big Larry: 2323
twobit: 2291