Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1906 condition
Avatar
bomar
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 5
Member Since:
April 19, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
April 11, 2019 - 3:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a 1906 I want to sell off and will be bringing it to a couple dealers.  Before I go, I want to get an idea of value..  I have the bluebook ( our book may be newer than the dealers around here )  and I know they pay 80% of value.

 

My rifle has little to no blueing..  has a brown patina..   lettering is crisp..  no rust..   no pitting.

It’s a smooth forearm in really decent shape no touch up ( made 1909 )

The stock was varnished ..  to the point you can see it with streaks going onto the butt plate edges and some not fully on the wood at the butt end.  The wood has some minor dents, etc .. no gouges.  

Basically other than the blueing,  the sore spot is the stock.

Shoots great ..  

Just not sure where along the line..   what   %  for grading..     I don’t like to go off selling a gun w/o an idea of what I should be offered.  

Avatar
Bert H.
Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 14794
Member Since:
April 15, 2005
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
April 11, 2019 - 3:53 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Your description of the rifle leads me to believe that the graded condition is < 30%. The vast majority of dealers will not pay 80% of the listed Blue Book value, a more realistic number is 50-60% on a low-end value Winchester. In the current market, I would be very happy to get $300 for the rifle you described.

Bert

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Avatar
bomar
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 5
Member Since:
April 19, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
April 12, 2019 - 10:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you..    I no longer have this rifle…

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: DEEREHART, Keith Davis, Csterling1966, Turbo 1886, Bo Rich
Guest(s) 331
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7650
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6874
steve004: 5850
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3075
twobit: 2744
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2519
Zebulon: 2394
Newest Members:
ArtistryUnlimitedLLC
julee3434
John D. Mikle
tdnathens
De Hulsters Rudy
Grizzz73
KKeller515
steeler
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16318
Posts: 149381

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10995
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation