Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
M1892 carbine questions
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 6
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 19, 2015 - 4:14 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I traded for a 1906 vintage saddle-ring carbine this weekend…pretty tough shape..and appears to have seen lots of use…amateur gunsmithing..a polish and re-bluing or three over the years too. It does have some rifling left! Lots of bore-pitting too..however I’m going to tinker it back into useable condition and just try it.  

A few broken and missing small parts…Most of which I’ve already ordered.

One item I think I need is a new/replacement trigger. Neither Homestead or GPC seem to have a trigger..Any ideas where to buy a serviceable Model 1892 standard trigger?…real or repro fine for this well-used specimen

The ‘new’ 1892 SRC is missing the rear sight…knocked-off..fell-off..robbed-off…pretty sure from the spacing of the dovetail that the factory sight was a standard carbine type ladder…has a wear divit on the barrel behind the sight dovetail like where the ladder would bear as it was flipped-up and down. Anyhow…the repro carbine sights from my sources are about $100 bucks! I figure I can buy a real one off ebay for those dollars or less!

Seems like I’ve seen repro carbine sights for around $40 or $50 when surfing parts sources in the not too distant past. Are there any sources for antique Winchester sights I might be overlooking?

Thanx, Stevie 

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: mrcvs, rogertherelic, Edward Kitner
Guest(s) 161
Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6280
TXGunNut: 4969
Chuck: 4566
1873man: 4280