Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Winchester 1886 40-82. Trying to find a family rifle.
Avatar
Dann
Guest
Guests
1
May 17, 2017 - 5:02 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi All.  I posted a similar message 7 years ago but thought I’d try again. I’m trying to locate my Great Grandfather’s rifle. After my father died I sold it in 1998 to the Old Sacramento Armory and later saw it on eBay when they still had gun listings. I didn’t realize the family’s history with it and years later I found an old picture with my great grandfather and that rifle. It may have been owned by his father as well. Anyway, I’d like to find it and buy it back. I’m not a collector. This is for sentimental reasons only. Here’s a description as I remember it: Winchester 1886 serial number 16864. It is a 40-82 with an octagonal barrel and a shortened magazine. It had double set triggers. The receiver was mottled and the left side drilled for a sight. It had a pop up sight on the stock. The stock color was very dark, almost black. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. Dann. [email protected]

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: Bert H., [email protected], Robert Drummond Jr
Guest(s) 672
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7645
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5848
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3074
twobit: 2743
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2519
Zebulon: 2393
Newest Members:
tdnathens
De Hulsters Rudy
Grizzz73
KKeller515
steeler
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Deererainman
TonyG
Tinman770
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16309
Posts: 149260

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10992
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation