Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Looking for a specific Winchester 1886 40-82 Serial number 16864
Avatar
heloman
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 4
Member Since:
May 20, 2006
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
January 21, 2023 - 6:51 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I posted a similar message a number of years ago but thought I’d try again. I’m trying to locate my Great Grandfather’s rifle. After my father died I sold it in 1998 to the Old Sacramento Armory and later saw it on eBay when they still had gun listings. I didn’t realize the family’s history with it and years later I found an old picture with my grandfather and that rifle. It may have been owned by his father as well. Anyway, I’d like to find it and buy it back. I’m not a collector. This is for sentimental reasons only. Here’s a description as I remember it: Winchester 1886 serial number 16864. It is a 40-82 with an octagonal barrel and a shortened magazine. It had double set triggers. The receiver was mottled and the left side drilled for a sight. It had a pop up sight on the stock. The stock color was very dark, almost black. At least that’s the way I remember it.  Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. Dann.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: MidwestCrisis, Fedelsur
Guest(s) 469
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7643
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5847
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3074
twobit: 2742
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2392
Newest Members:
KKeller515
steeler
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Deererainman
TonyG
Tinman770
Joe7039
RGiertz86
Les Thanadequate
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16306
Posts: 149215

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10989
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation