Bill Hockett
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 467
Member Since:
July 31, 2005
July 31, 2005
OfflineHi Bill,
I seem to recall (dangerous, I know) that Madis mentioned that some sporting leaf sights have a date on them. It can be 1873, 1876, or 1886. The type for the “rifle caliber” 1876 and 1886 were identical except for the date marking. They certainly show up in the catalogs. No one can be sure who made them. Winchester or a contractor?
Here is an 1876 marked example.

I call myself a collector as it sounds better than hoarder
Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: freebird1968, Rick C, chief1966, USMC-Nav
Guest(s) 144
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7645
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5848
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3074
twobit: 2743
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2519
Zebulon: 2393
Newest Members:
tdnathens
De Hulsters Rudy
Grizzz73
KKeller515
steeler
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Deererainman
TonyG
Tinman770
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16309
Posts: 149263
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10992
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
© Simple:Press —
Log In
Correct me if I am wrong. 2-1000, screw above 1886, V notch. Leaf at the top is convex. Was told Winchester made them-want to sell -Thanks Bill
after Bill’s is gone.