Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Winchester Model 140
Avatar
Mark Crowe
New Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 1
Member Since:
November 2, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
November 2, 2023 - 2:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Does anyone know if the stock and forend (forearm) designed for the Winchester 1400 will fit the Model 140 also, and/or where I can find a replacement?

Avatar
winchester nix
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 74
Member Since:
January 28, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
February 6, 2024 - 11:22 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am 99 percent sure the stock of the Model 1400 Mark II is OK BUT the Winchester Components Parts Catalog gives the two models different Parts numbers, and even differentiates between the Walnut and the Birch stock. This could be because the Model 1400 k II had a walnut stock and the Model 140 had a Birch stock with differing checkering I have not checked the stock of the Canadian Model 2200 (which was not checkered.  The Model 140 forend is back further over the receiver, and the Model 1400 Mk II may not fit as well.  As well the parts numbers are different for the two models and timbers and checkering.

I would not use the Model 1400 Mark I stock and definately not the Forend

I can send photos if you wish.

I would look to Midwest for supplies.

Keith

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: JWA
Guest(s) 704
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7647
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6868
steve004: 5848
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3074
twobit: 2744
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2519
Zebulon: 2393
Newest Members:
ArtistryUnlimitedLLC
julee3434
John D. Mikle
tdnathens
De Hulsters Rudy
Grizzz73
KKeller515
steeler
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16314
Posts: 149307

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10995
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation