Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1886 Winchester Lever Action 12 gauge-Serial number 42402, supposedly Wells Fargo Stagecoach gun
Avatar
New Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 1
Member Since:
November 18, 2019
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
April 6, 2020 - 1:55 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I  have  the above mentioned gun. I understand there were a lot of fakes with this gun. Still an awesome weapon. I am going to attempt to send some photos. Any knowledge about this subject would be appreciated.

Thanx,

SRSIMG_0633.jpegIMG_0632.jpegIMG_0639.jpegIMG_0635.jpegIMG_0634.jpegIMG_0638.jpegIMG_0640.jpegIMG_0637.jpegIMG_0636.jpeg

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." General George Patton 

Avatar
TR
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2001
Member Since:
June 4, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
April 6, 2020 - 3:39 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

 Your gun is a model 1887 mfg. in about 1892, in 1869 Wells Fargo stopped operating stage coaches and just subcontracted it’s freight on other stage lines. The markings on the stock appear to be done after the nicks and dings. I have owned a couple Wells Fargo Colts that were factory marked and lettered, Wells Fargo stuff has been faked frequently. T/R    

Avatar
win4575
Montana
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 742
Member Since:
November 2, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
April 6, 2020 - 4:00 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

TR is right about the fake stuff.  Probably more fakes than real items out there.  As I was looking over these pictures, I’m thinking the shotgun is looking better all the time.  Then I saw the last photo, with the brass shield.  These are fake.  You can buy them at most flee market/gun shows and on line.  

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: 86Win, Bill Yadlosky
Guest(s) 267
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7640
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5845
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3069
twobit: 2740
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2392
Newest Members:
Tinman770
Joe7039
RGiertz86
Les Thanadequate
Barry59
Bear
Anthony Eisenlohr
kik595
DavidM
skilsaw7.25
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16296
Posts: 149139

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10983
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation