Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Price of minty Winchester 1894 these days, c. 1920
Avatar
mrcvs
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2518
Member Since:
September 22, 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
January 7, 2015 - 2:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Any ideas as to what the maximum on a rifle would be, in mint, unrestored, possibly unfired condition would be these days?  I don’t have a photo, but it is a standard rifle with an octagon barrel, in .30-30.  I searched on James Julia and Rock Island Auction sites, but I cannot come to a conclusion on this.  I did find one that sold for $4,600, but I think this may be an outlier and seems rather high.  Seems considerably more than retail to me, as some others, maybe not looking ‘brand new’, but close to it, these being antique and with features, bring the same price or less.  Besides, Rock Island and James Julia seem more than retail and I am a wholesale kind of guy.  Some I looked at have the case coloured lever and hammer–this being later, does not, and is not as attractive in my opinion.

Avatar
Bert H.
Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 14757
Member Since:
April 15, 2005
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
January 8, 2015 - 7:20 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can tell you that in the 4th Edition of the RED BOOK of WINCHESTER Values, the value number that Larry and I have arrived at for a “mint” condition latre production Model 94 Sporting Rifle is $5,775.

Before any asks, No, we have not yet gone to print with the 4th Edition, as I am still editing and formatting in preparation of sending it to the printer.

Bert

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Avatar
Big Larry
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 2578
Member Since:
December 31, 2012
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
January 9, 2015 - 1:20 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bro in law went to Scheels while we were in Reno two years back. They had a near 98% 38-55 M1894 oct. bbl. rifle for sale. Very strong case colors. He got it for $3,500+ tax. Old enough to letter too. I think he got away with one. I didn’t go as they walked from the Casino and I am kind of crippled up. I think Berts assessment of the values are truer than most. Bert and Larry know their stuff. Big Larry

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: XLIV, deerhunter, Anthony #5411, Darrin Smith, TR, btbell, 86Win, Pwog, kevindpm61, Barryf448
Guest(s) 269
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7637
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6865
steve004: 5845
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3066
twobit: 2739
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2389
Newest Members:
skilsaw7.25
Kevin Paradis
Vny777
Brick767
Steve72
E.S.Blofeld
Keith gun
dirkb
Mustang66
Gerald Lucas
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16284
Posts: 149033

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10973
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation