Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Looking for an 1886 Winchester 40-82 I used to own. Serial #16864
Avatar
heloman
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 4
Member Since:
May 20, 2006
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
January 20, 2023 - 11:20 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello all.  I just posted this but couldn’t delete that post so I’m doing it again with an added topic name.I posted a similar message a number of years ago but thought I’d try again. I’m trying to locate my Great Grandfather’s rifle. After my father died I sold it in 1998 to the Old Sacramento Armory and later saw it on eBay when they still had gun listings. I didn’t realize the family’s history with it and years later I found an old picture with my grandfather and that rifle. It may have been owned by his father as well. Anyway, I’d like to find it and buy it back. I’m not a collector. This is for sentimental reasons only. Here’s a description as I remember it, hopefully accurate: Winchester 1886 serial number 16864. It is a 40-82 with an octagonal barrel and a shortened magazine. It had double set triggers. The receiver was mottled and the left side drilled for a sight. It had a pop up sight on the stock. The stock color was very dark, almost black. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. Dann.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: Bill Hockett, win4575, Manuel, Byron Russell, keith shaffer, MidwestCrisis, Hotchkiss10, Honest Jon, MarkGK, Bear
Guest(s) 46
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7640
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5845
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3066
twobit: 2740
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2392
Newest Members:
Tinman770
Joe7039
RGiertz86
Les Thanadequate
Barry59
Bear
Anthony Eisenlohr
kik595
DavidM
skilsaw7.25
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16293
Posts: 149117

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10982
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation