Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1895 SRC with crescent butt plate??
Avatar
helidriver72
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 82
Member Since:
December 9, 2024
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
December 29, 2024 - 3:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/1081187165

 

Do you guys think someone just replaced the original stock with a rifle stock at some point or could it be a special order?

Avatar
steve004
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5848
Member Since:
November 19, 2006
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
December 29, 2024 - 4:34 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes, the very strong probability is the stock has been swapped with a rifle stock.  This is common with a variety of Winchester carbines.  I have a M1873 SRC with a rifle buttstock – and that letters.  If it didn’t letter, no one would believe it was originally shipped with a rifle butt.  The seller doesn’t provide the serial number for this carbine, but I suspect it is too late to letter.  It’s also interesting that the seller doesn’t even try to promote this as a special order feature.  

Avatar
TXGunNut
Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 7647
Member Since:
November 7, 2015
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
December 29, 2024 - 7:08 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Butt stock condition appears to match the rest of the carbine. May have been swapped but it probably wasn’t recently.

 

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Board Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
Avatar
TXGunNut
Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 7647
Member Since:
November 7, 2015
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4
December 29, 2024 - 9:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Butt stock condition appears to match the rest of the carbine. May have been swapped but it probably wasn’t recently.

 

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Board Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: JWA
Guest(s) 656
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7647
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6868
steve004: 5848
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3074
twobit: 2744
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2519
Zebulon: 2393
Newest Members:
ArtistryUnlimitedLLC
julee3434
John D. Mikle
tdnathens
De Hulsters Rudy
Grizzz73
KKeller515
steeler
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16314
Posts: 149307

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10995
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation