Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1892 Short Rifle?
Avatar
Guest
Guest
Guests
1
September 19, 2013 - 9:18 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I posted in an earlier thread regarding my friend’s Model 1892 short rifle in .44 WCF. I saw the rifle tonight. I can likely take and post photos tomorrow if anyone would like a look. (didn’t have my camera)
The octagon barrel measures exactly 20" with the threads. No. 21? front sight with the screw. Standard rear sight looks like it may have been shaved down. Barrel address is on the left 45 degree flat. Patent date is October 14, 1884.
The barrel address position is centered evenly over the forend cap screw.
The serial is 726186 which I believe is 1913.
I want to determine for him if it left the factory as a short rifle. Looks original… No evidence of any modifications but I’m far from an expert on short rifles.
It’s an average condition rifle maybe 70%. Very decent bore with one area of light pitting.
Can anyone assist?

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: Ben
Guest(s) 493
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7637
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6865
steve004: 5845
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3066
twobit: 2739
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2391
Newest Members:
Anthony Eisenlohr
kik595
DavidM
skilsaw7.25
Kevin Paradis
Vny777
Brick767
Steve72
E.S.Blofeld
Keith gun
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16287
Posts: 149064

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10977
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation