Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
This has been an interesting discussion on the 351WSL. Is there any information on the loading on the 35WSL. I have one that was manufactured by Winchester in 1906. Also have about twenty rounds of
Avatar
Charles Arlt
Guest
Guests
1
December 17, 2019 - 1:19 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

This has been an interesting discussion on the 351WSL. Is there any information on the loading on the 35WSL. I have one that was manufactured by Winchester in 1906. Also have about twenty rounds of ammunition. Enjoy shooting this and would to like to be able to reload for this rifle.

Avatar
Chuck
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 6867
Member Since:
March 31, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
December 17, 2019 - 6:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

One source I have says to use a 180 grain bullet with a .351 diameter.  Load with 15 grains of 2400.  This should be about 1525 fps.  I would recommend trying a little less powder at first for testing.  Maybe around 13 grains?  I have no idea where to buy cases and making them is not easy.

Avatar
28 gauge
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 913
Member Since:
March 23, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
December 17, 2019 - 9:05 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

 The Winchester Model 07 in .351 WSL is a fun rifle to shoot.The older Lyman hand loading books have some load data for the cartridge.I use IMR 4227 for hand loading my rifle.

Avatar
Erin Grivicich
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 957
Member Since:
September 28, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4
December 17, 2019 - 9:23 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Give this outfit a call, I’ve purchased components for both the 401 & 351 self loaders from them.

 

http://www.reedsammo.com/

 

Erin

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: 86Win
Guest(s) 766
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7643
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5846
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3072
twobit: 2741
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2392
Newest Members:
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Deererainman
TonyG
Tinman770
Joe7039
RGiertz86
Les Thanadequate
Barry59
Bear
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16301
Posts: 149180

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10987
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation