Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Winchester M1903...and modern .22 Winchester Automatic ammo?
Avatar
Stevie
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 6
Member Since:
May 2, 2014
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
January 13, 2015 - 2:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So I have a M1903 rifle and it seems mechanically serviceable. The only ammunition I can get hands on is the Aguila…The rifle runs this ammo fair..except it seems the ammo is just barely powerful enough to run the gun. Part of this issue is weaker cartridges…quite a few of these in every box!

Is anybody else with a M1903 Winchester shooting the Aguila ammo?…If so does the ammunition have enough power to 100% run the gun or is it just my rifle/my batch of ammo? 

Avatar
cranky2
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 142
Member Since:
February 19, 2014
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
February 28, 2015 - 4:08 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a 1903 and bought some of the Aguila when it was available. What I’ve shot has been ok with just a few fail to eject. I’ve only shot a couple of boxes but it does seem to be under powdered.  Love the gun by the way.  Jay

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: mrcvs, Bill Jokela, TXGunNut, Roger Adam, Chuck Ellison, Zebulon, Blue Ridge Parson, kevindpm61, Duckman1975
Guest(s) 433
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7644
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5848
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3074
twobit: 2743
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2392
Newest Members:
De Hulsters Rudy
Grizzz73
KKeller515
steeler
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Deererainman
TonyG
Tinman770
Joe7039
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16307
Posts: 149235

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10991
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation