Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Winchester 9422M Odd Serial Number
Avatar
Greg Leser
Guest
Guests
1
May 27, 2022 - 10:40 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello……..

I was wondering if someone might be able to give some help here. I recently bought a Winchester 9422M in 22Mag and was trying to date this gun. The problem is the serial number does not match in any serial number look-ups I can find. I even called Winchester direct and they were stumped. The serial number is F9325……any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Avatar
Bert H.
Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 14794
Member Since:
April 15, 2005
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
May 28, 2022 - 4:52 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Greg Leser said
Hello……..

I was wondering if someone might be able to give some help here. I recently bought a Winchester 9422M in 22Mag and was trying to date this gun. The problem is the serial number does not match in any serial number look-ups I can find. I even called Winchester direct and they were stumped. The serial number is F9325……any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

  

If the complete serial number is “F9325”, it was manufactured early in the year 1972.  

On a side note, if you called somebody, it was not “Winchester”.  Winchester got out of the gun manufacturing business in December 1980.  The current entity using the trademarked Winchester name is the Browning Arms Company, and they do not have any clue or information about the firearms that were manufactured by the original Winchester company.

Bert

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Avatar
Greg Leser
Guest
Guests
3
May 28, 2022 - 11:20 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bert,

I see from a more complete serial number table listed in this forum that my gun was born in ‘72. Thanks for your quick reply.

Regards,

Greg

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: Anthony #5411, Pat P
Guest(s) 613
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7650
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6874
steve004: 5850
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3075
twobit: 2744
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2519
Zebulon: 2394
Newest Members:
ArtistryUnlimitedLLC
julee3434
John D. Mikle
tdnathens
De Hulsters Rudy
Grizzz73
KKeller515
steeler
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16317
Posts: 149374

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10995
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation