Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Rare 1873 src
Avatar
Rick C
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1005
Member Since:
March 14, 2022
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
21
October 22, 2024 - 9:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

vforce800 said
I think I remember an old friend that is now gone and got me interested in Winchester tell me, that the elevator was supposed to be inserted from the opposite side or front of the rear sight to access the last two sight elevation settings. I don’t know if he was right or not. That was in the days I was a young man and long before the internet.

  

Thanks vforce800 for the reply. The 3C 4 step reverse elevator was first used on the model 94 transition guns approx 1932 up until 1944 I believe. Bert can confirm. It certainly would work but not period correct.

 Rick C 

   

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: winchester73, tsillik, Bill Jokela, Tedk, keith shaffer, 86Win, Ben, [email protected], Bo Rich, Buck94
Guest(s) 436
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7650
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6874
steve004: 5850
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3075
twobit: 2744
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2519
Zebulon: 2394
Newest Members:
ArtistryUnlimitedLLC
julee3434
John D. Mikle
tdnathens
De Hulsters Rudy
Grizzz73
KKeller515
steeler
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16318
Posts: 149379

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10995
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation