Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Model 94AE .357 / under carrier jamming
Avatar
Guest
Guest
Guests
1
March 30, 2013 - 8:36 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I want to replace the link on my 94AE in .357. Mine is one of those which are plagued by under carrier jams. I can see that the cartridge stop is broken off (rather jaggedly), and so I want to install a new link. I ordered a spare link from Homestead in Tucson (example:

http://homesteadparts.com/shopcart/pid_1491.htm ), and I have since read that this is very easy to replace, but I’m hesitant to take anything apart for all the obvious reasons.
Can anyone describe for me, in very clear English, the steps I must follow to remove the old link and replace it with a new link?

I have read about the propensity of this particular rifle to malfunction due to under-carrier jamming, and I realize that replacing the link only works some of the time. I’m just hoping that in my rifle’s case, the simplest solution might work. Bear in mind, I don’t want to disassemble the entire rifle. I just want to replace the link. Any instruction will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: Jim F in CT, Fedelsur, skilsaw7.25
Guest(s) 267
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7656
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6881
steve004: 5853
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3076
twobit: 2751
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2520
Zebulon: 2398
Newest Members:
Gary Fisher
JohnCZ
Drero
Keebler98
DougW
MMM
WyoTip
ArtistryUnlimitedLLC
julee3434
John D. Mikle
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16327
Posts: 149481

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 11002
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation