Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1942 m1894 help please
Avatar
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 27
Member Since:
December 11, 2020
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
December 31, 2022 - 5:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a well used but nice 1942 Winchester 1894 that when cycled won’t allow the carrier to fully drop and therefore slightly prevents the loading gate from opening.

if I open the bolt slightly and then close it then the loading gate will open to load.

I have examined the carrier and it looks fine and undamaged and I have replaced the carrier spring, but still no fix.

Any ideas as to my next step?

Avatar
Ken Windeler
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 70
Member Since:
June 24, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
December 31, 2022 - 11:02 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m thinking that maybe there is too much wear in the slot in back of the carrier. If I’m not mistaken when the action is closed the lever pushes the carrier down. Retracting the bolt raises the carrier and the lever pushes it back down.

I bought an old 94 30-30 rifle that would not function and I guess someone tried to fix it and filed in that slot. I soldered a shim in there and it worked out okay. Maybe try a different carrier.

Avatar
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 27
Member Since:
December 11, 2020
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
January 13, 2023 - 10:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I bought a new made pre64 carrier from Homestead and it did the trick. Was easy to install;Function is perfect now.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: Bert H., 86Win, Ben, Max
Guest(s) 291
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7643
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5847
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3074
twobit: 2742
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2392
Newest Members:
KKeller515
steeler
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Deererainman
TonyG
Tinman770
Joe7039
RGiertz86
Les Thanadequate
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16305
Posts: 149214

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10989
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation