Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1895 magazine feeding issue
Avatar
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 47
Member Since:
December 25, 2019
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
October 5, 2020 - 9:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey guys I need some help.

I have a 1895 takedown in 405 cal. When I put one round in the magazine everything works perfect. As I cycle the action the round slides up into the chamber and everything locks up as it should ready to fire, but as soon as I put two or more rounds in the mag the nose of the top round does not push up far enough to get started into the chamber when I try to work the lever. I am then forced to reach in and pull the nose of the bullet up and out. My first thought was that the mag spring needs to be replaced but that does not make sense to me as like I stated before she works fine with only one round in the magazine. I have tried several different ammo manufacturers and the results are the same.

I have another 1895 chambered in 30-40 Krag that shoots like a dream so I do not think this is a case of operator error.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: King Medallion, antler1, Zebulon, Pwog, Loren, drice0517
Guest(s) 306
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7640
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5845
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3066
twobit: 2740
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2392
Newest Members:
Joe7039
RGiertz86
Les Thanadequate
Barry59
Bear
Anthony Eisenlohr
kik595
DavidM
skilsaw7.25
Kevin Paradis
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16293
Posts: 149114

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10982
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation