Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1887 Bolt LockingProblem
Avatar
jampard
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 71
Member Since:
February 28, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
January 26, 2023 - 7:09 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve got a 1887 12 gauge shotgun that has a problem.

When the lever is cocked with the hammer locked back, the lever locks all the way up okay.

However, after the trigger is pulled, the lever becomes unlocked. In other words, the lever just starts falling down loose.

I’ve never fired this gun, so I don’t know if there would be a problem when it is fired. Obviously, I’m not going to fire it to find out.

It just looks like the lever & “block” becomes unlocked at some time when the hammer goes forward.

Does this look like something that would be easy to fix?

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: mark minnillo
Guest(s) 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7643
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5846
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3072
twobit: 2741
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2392
Newest Members:
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Deererainman
TonyG
Tinman770
Joe7039
RGiertz86
Les Thanadequate
Barry59
Bear
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16301
Posts: 149180

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10987
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation