Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1873 Carbine Barrel Bands
Avatar
1873man
Wisconsin
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4993
Member Since:
May 2, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
April 5, 2023 - 6:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Those look like they came off a relic that was buried in the ground. It all depends on what condition your looking for.

Bob

WACA Life Member---
NRA Life Member----
Cody Firearms member since 1991
Researching the Winchester 1873's

73_86cutaway.jpg

Email: [email protected]

Avatar
Kris Miller
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 24
Member Since:
October 15, 2021
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
April 5, 2023 - 7:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am looking for something good and cheap. I know, the two don’t go together. The action now works flawlessly, even with the junk barrel. I have been building the rifle for myself and reconditioning parts and hand fitting and refinishing as necessary. If the part was rusted junk, it gets cleaned up and rust blued. If it is just a good old part, I leave it in the state it is in, just well oiled to prevent rust. These were the only ones I found and was wondering if this was a common price. I haven’t even found replicas.

Avatar
1873man
Wisconsin
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4993
Member Since:
May 2, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4
April 5, 2023 - 8:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It all depends how quick you want the parts. If you want a functional part and want it quick than its a good deal. If you are willing to wait and want a better part then you might pay more.

Bob

WACA Life Member---
NRA Life Member----
Cody Firearms member since 1991
Researching the Winchester 1873's

73_86cutaway.jpg

Email: [email protected]

Avatar
Kris Miller
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 24
Member Since:
October 15, 2021
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5
April 5, 2023 - 8:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great! Neither of those sound good. I will keep looking and thanks. All this got started buying collections of parts for one or two parts to keep my 32-20 rifle running about 8 years ago. Except for the magazine spring and dust cover screw, it is original. SMDH

Avatar
Kris Miller
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 24
Member Since:
October 15, 2021
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6
June 12, 2024 - 5:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I know this is an older thread that I posted. I am still on the lookout for a carbine barrel band. Thanks!

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: deerhunter, Turbo 1886, Fedelsur
Guest(s) 369
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7640
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5845
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3066
twobit: 2739
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2391
Newest Members:
Barry59
Bear
Anthony Eisenlohr
kik595
DavidM
skilsaw7.25
Kevin Paradis
Vny777
Brick767
Steve72
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16290
Posts: 149093

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10979
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation