Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 40
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
April 18, 2013 - 1:33 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Well, here is my newest purchase. Winchester 1892 38-40, Date in 8-17-1907
Round barrel, plain trigger, Nickel Steel barrel & rubber shotgun butt. It took me some time to clean as the oil seemed to of turned into a Cosmoline consistency. Enjoy the pictures and Twobit let me know what you need for your survey. Angel

[Image Can Not Be Found]

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 1118
April 18, 2013 - 1:54 pm

🙂 BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2306
April 18, 2013 - 3:18 pm

Angel,

Thanks for the photos and nice rifle. That is the one that was for sale at the Cabela’s over in Buda, Texas isn’t it?

Michael

Signature-Pic.jpg

Model 1892 / Model 61 Collector, Research, Valuation

WACA Member
April 18, 2013 - 4:52 pm

Michael, you are partially correct. I found this one at the Hartford Connecticut Cabelas. I saw it on the web and finally after 5 calls got the operator at Cabelas to get someone from the Gun Library to hold the gun. I was surprised that they let me make a deposit over the phone. I paid for it and waited for my NICS check to go through and since I am from a neighboring state I had to come back after 2 weeks and go through another NICS check! Sort of nuts but I’m happy with my purchase.

Forum Posts: 960
April 18, 2013 - 5:18 pm

That’s some nice condition there. Looks like a real nice one!

Brad

Regards

Brad Dunbar

http://1895book.com/

WACA Member
April 19, 2013 - 7:28 am

Brad, thank you for your comments. I was very excited when I saw this rifle and really wanted it in the worst way. Like all of these 100 plus year old rifles there is always something that takes away a bit of the luster. But it is really nice. I think the only special order feature on this rifle is the shotgun butt stock with the hard rubber butt plate. The thing that really annoys me is the handling of the rifle at the place of purchase (Cabelas) by there employees. The rifle has a few faint scratches on the barrel and they are obviously new. No real care is taken by these people when handling these rifles, therefore they add damage to an otherwise beautiful rifle.

Maybe it’s just me but I realize now that I have been a bit naive about the people who work in these places. They apparently just work there and they really don’t care like we do.

Anyway, I have a 1894 takedown with lots of special order features with a 26M Marbel front sight. The rifle is not in perfect condition as the previous owner didn’t take good care of it. I was just wondering if you wanted some pictures of the front sight for your records. It’s in really nice shape and apparently factory installed. Let me know, Angel

Forum Posts: 960
April 19, 2013 - 7:48 am

Angel

If you would like, email any 1894 pictures you want to [email protected]. Anything similar to the rear right picture of your 1892 above (6th one down from the top) would be absolutely fine. I’d be happy to see the sight(s).

Also condition isn’t an issue at all. There are some guns pictured in the project that were used hard to say the least. My main goals are period correct sights on Model 1894s from 1894-1932.

Thanks,
Brad

Regards

Brad Dunbar

http://1895book.com/

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: Bert H., jolly bill, wally, mrcvs
Guest(s) 180
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters: