Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
shotgun: model 1893 fieldstrip information
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
February 21, 2013 - 10:39 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

hi all, new member here.

i am looking for any information regarding the field stripping/cleaning of this model shotgun. i have scoured the web and can only find information on the cleaning of a model 1897. can anyone here help me out?

i know that this is black powder only gun using 2 1/2" shells… so please, no posts about that unless you are going to recommend a certain load. thanks!

Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 10726
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 21, 2013 - 11:15 am

Hello,

I am in the process of conducting a research survey of the Model 1893. I would very much like to add your gun (the serial number) to the list of guns that I have recorded thus far. I can provide you with any information that is contained in the factory records if you do not already have it.

The instructions you are looking for were contained in the original Winchester catalogs. You can purchase a reproduction (copy) from Cornell Publications – http://www.cornellpubs.com/

Bert

WACA 6571L, Historian & Board of Director Member
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

WACA Guest
February 21, 2013 - 12:00 pm

thanks for the information about the winchester catalogs bert.

i was hoping that someone would share knowledge instead of having to purchase something…

if you can provide me with the field stripping/cleaning information i am looking for i can provide you with the serial number… Wink

Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 10726
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 21, 2013 - 2:07 pm

I will need to scan it from one of my catalogs, then send it to you via an email message.

The reproduction catalogs that Abby sells are usually in the $12 – $19 price range… very reasonable in my opinion.

Bert

WACA 6571L, Historian & Board of Director Member
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

WACA Guest
February 21, 2013 - 4:13 pm

Bert H.”]I will need to scan it from one of my catalogs, then send it to you via an email message.

a little quid pro quo… wonderful! i will PM you with my email address.

Bert H. said
The reproduction catalogs that Abby sells are usually in the $12 – $19 price range… very reasonable in my opinion.

Bert

works published before 1923 (like a winchester catalog containing information for the field strip of a model 1893) are public domain. and it’s my opinion that such kinds of information shouldn’t be charged for, especially in this digital age, eg: google books. but we all are entitled to have our own opinions. 🙂

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6281
TXGunNut: 4970
Chuck: 4571
1873man: 4282
steve004: 4160
Big Larry: 2324
twobit: 2291